If you had told me a few years ago that I would have another child at age 41, and that I would be working at a Catholic School in the Kindergarten class, I would have found it very hard to believe. But since joining the Catholic Church just a couple of years ago, and trusting in God’s plan for me, I now realize my life is in God’s hands and how amazing it is when it all comes together.
God has a plan for me. He has a plan for us all. We must learn to trust in Him.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
God saw me struggling at work. He saw that I was unhappy. He sees you too. Pray to Him like I did. Sometimes he answers our prayers with an incredible gift. This time, he sent me back to Kindergarten.
Perhaps it was His plan all along. Have you ever thought about how you ended up somewhere or with someone? I do not believe it is by chance. It is all part of God’s intricate design for your life. It is amazing. We don’t always understand what is happening, but in time we see how our trust in God has its rewards.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
Here is why I think God sent me back to Kindergarten:
- To find the joy that comes from playing with children
- To be closer to my children (they go to the same school)
- To play and laugh and have fun
- To let go of things I cannot control
- To release me of the stress of a management position
- To know God is managing my life now
- To practice my patience
- To give me a fresh start
- To focus on the little things
- To have more time with my family
- To remember how important children are and how important it is that we are a good example to them
- To remember that I still have more to learn
- To remember life is beautiful and to see the simple pleasures in every day
- To see the Glory of God in all things
- To be immersed in the Catholic faith on a daily basis
- To make prayer a part of my every day life
Thanks be to God for answering my prayers.
First posted at www.catholicmommyblogs.com